Tuesday 2 January 2018

Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at The Christmas Fair

During the Christmas period I was able to relax my reading schedule and pick up one of my favourite authors latest novels!  This was also my last Christmas book of the year! I definitely saved the best till last! 

Publication date 5th October 2017
About the book
When Anna takes on the role of companion to the owner of Wynthorpe Hall, on the outskirts of Wynbridge, she has no idea that her life is set to change beyond all recognition.

A confirmed ‘bah humbug’ when it comes to Christmas, Anna is amazed to find herself quickly immersed in the eccentric household, and when youngest son Jamie unexpectedly arrives home it soon becomes obvious that her personal feelings are going all out to compromise her professional persona.

Jamie, struggling to come to terms with life back in the Fens, makes a pact with Anna – she has to teach him to fall back in love with Wynthorpe Hall, while he helps her fall back in love with Christmas. But will it all prove too much for Anna, or can the family of Wynthorpe Hall warm her heart once and for all...?

Join Anna for a festive journey festooned with sleigh rides and silver bells and help her discover her happy-ever-after.

My Review
I found it so hard keeping this book till Christmas week to read but I am so glad I did as it was the most perfect Christmas read.

This book is again based in Wynbridge,  it is just a beautiful place every part of it that we have read before in each of Heidi's previous novels just sounds so perfect! I really believe Wynbridge holds a special place in my heart and I just want it to be real and live there with the characters too! It would be heaven!

Anna is a really warming character though you get the feeling she is holding something back? She never really commits to anything and hasn't seemed to have settled anywhere.  I feel Wynthorpe Hall has come along at the perfect time for Anna and it is just what she needs.  I couldn't wait to find out what she was hiding and why she hated Christmas and settling so much. 

The owners of the Hall, Angus & Catherine where the nicest, kindest people about they welcomed Anna from the very first moment they met her and they treated her as part of the family.  They really put a smile on my face!

Jamie is the perfect match for Anna, they both help each other out and help each other try and get over their problems.  It is also clear from the moment they meet their is red hot chemistry between them and I just couldn't wait to find out if they would get together.

With every Wynbridge book you have the returning characters, and everytime I read about them I just get so excited and happy!  They really are characters that you connect with and really get attached to! Its lovely to see how they all progress during each book!

Absolutely gutted when I read the last page! I did not want it to end! But happy because Heidi has did it again, she has wrote another spectacular novel!

The most wonderful book of the year!












No comments:

Post a Comment