Monday 6 November 2017

The Good Mother

Publication date 1st October 2017
About the book
How far would you go to protect your children?
A gripping psychological suspense, with a shocking twist that will leave you reeling...
Catherine is a good mother and a good wife. The family home is immaculate, her husband's supper is cooked on time, but when she starts writing to Michael, a prisoner convicted of murder, she finds herself obsessing about his crime and whether he can ever truly be forgiven...

Kate has no time for herself. Caught in the maelstrom of bringing up two young children with no money, and an out-of-work husband, she longs to escape the drudgery of being a wife and a mother. And she soon starts taking dangerous risks to feel alive...

Alison has flown the nest. But university life is not what she had hoped for, and she finds herself alone and unhappy. Until the day her professor takes a sudden interest in her. Then everything changes...

Three women – all with secrets. And as the days tick down to Michael's release, those secrets can no longer be ignored.

My Review
I love going out of my comfort zone of 'Women's Fiction' books and delving into the great 'Mystery/Thriller' type of books. So when I seen this book I knew it was one that I just had to read! Let me tell you this did not let me down it was amazing! 
From the very first chapters where we are introduced to the three main characters I was gripped! I did not want to put the book down, I just had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen.  
Each of the characters had their own story going on and I had so many ideas of what was going to happen but let me tell you I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!! No matter how many ideas you come up with of whats going to happen you would never guess it and that is what made me enjoy this book so much.  
After finishing the book I just thought WOW and that is what its all about reading this type of book, something happening that you don't see coming.  Endings like that really stay with you and it makes these books memorable.
The suspense throughout, oh my heart was pounding! I was on the edge of my seat, I couldn't sit still! 
Honestly you really have to read this book, I have told so many people about it myself absolutely brilliant! Bravo Karen!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I have got to read this book! Thanks for the heads-up, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete